Wednesday, November 28, 2007

stranger than fiction.

I first saw this movie in the theater with Rosie. She is a big fan of Will Farrel (who stars in it) however I am not, and so I was somewhat reluctant. But, it turns out my fears were unfounded. This movie is not your average post SNL comedy, it has really depth to the story its humor is understated and mature (by that I do not mean obscene)

It is the story of an ordinary man who finds his life is being narrated. He knows he is not crazy and so begins seeking out the author who is writing about him. He does this by consulting and expert on modern fiction, who initially thinks him crazed but reconsiders when given a sample of the narration. The narrators foreshadowing leads him to carefully consider what his actual priorities are and he is challenged by the question: if you know that doing the right thing will lead to a conclusion you don't want will you do it anyway?

I loved this movie

No comments: