Friday, November 30, 2007

the blackberry by rim

Blackberry was the original pda/cellphone. It was the first phone in the US to offer full key pad and support for email. However in the attempt to do two things at once it did neither well. I find it very odd to hold the very wide and somewhat short blackberry up to my ear to use as a phone and I find its vanilla email client and tiny keyboard to be a very poor tool for checking email.

Another big problem I have with it is that the OS has not been improved since it was first released 6 or 7 years ago, they have added features but not improved the odd jog wheel navigation of its folders. If email on your phone is important to you I think the iphone or any of phones that flip sideways and have the full keyboard would be better than the nextel blackberry I use for work.

My opinion: blackberry tries to be a phone with email but fails.

1 comment:

a.lost.boy said...

I saw that consumer reports validated this opinion this month