Monday, November 5, 2007

ebay user feedback

when you buy or sell something online you then get to say whether or not you were pleased with the product and sell (or buyer as the case may be). You have three choices for feedback positive, neutral, or negative and then room for comments (like A++ great ebayer)

My opinion: this is almost worthless. I generally feel neutral about shopping experiences (I am after all a guy). I pay what I think something is worth and, that is that, but in ebay land they seem to think you ought to have strong positive opinions about minor purchases or something is amiss. I do not understand why the seller doing exactly what they said they would should justify "positive" feedback. If I fill out a feedback card at a grocery store it is because somebody went out of their way to help me not because it turns out there staff doesn't push me down and take my wallet.

This comes up because I was looking at a feedback page from a ebay store that sells jewelry and they had received positive feedback form some one who in the comments indicated that the product was of a lower quality than described. I just don't get it.

No comments: