Monday, October 22, 2007

The Hymns at LDS.org

I love the Hymns of the church, they uplift and inspire and can bring in the spirit. That said the versions that can be downloaded or listened to at lds.org are not very good. They are played and sung in a very subdued and sleepy fashion. I found I can not listen to them if driving after dark because they literally make me drowsy. I think they are there to be used as accompaniment for meeting and seminary when there is no pianist but they are both slow and flowery for that to work well. I just like the Tabernacle Choir or Enoch Train so much better because they have more emotion in the songs.

1 comment:

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I thought that the hymns on lds.org were for helping you learn a song (or the harmony). I didn't know you could download them!