Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinkley

This evening I got a text message, then a phone call, then six more texts, all telling me that President Hinkley had died.

I was very moved by this, all my life president Hinkley has been the most prominent leader of the church. I will miss his wisdom and leadership. I pray for his family and loved ones and am personally grateful for all that he has done in the service of the Lord.

I look forward to hearing from the new prophet (President Monson) in April and hope that Elder Eyring will still be in the first presidency.

1 comment:

Miss Crystal said...

You know what was weird, was seeing it ALL over the news here in Utah. It was nice to see President Hinckley recognized for all he did as Prophet. Solo said there wasn't even a blip of it in Cali.